About Dance Innovations Performance Foundation
As of May 2022, Dance Innovations Performance Foundation has awarded over 234 scholarships totaling $134,006!
Creating a forum for area communities to experience the healing power of dance through performance.
Dance Innovations Performance Foundation (DIPF), a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, was established in 1999 in order to give back to the community and to those less fortunate.
Our mission is simple:
- To create and maintain a forum for the NJ creative community to experience dance performance and education.
- To provide entertainment to public and private school systems, special needs schools and organizations, retirement and assisted living facilities, veteran facilities, and community and outreach programs.
- Provide and enhance performance and educational experiences for the pre-professional dancer through different mediums, DIPF provides collaborative efforts with dance/entertainment projects and guest artists which share our mission.
- Raise awareness and funds for charitable organizations through benefit performances.
- Support and encourage the developing careers and accomplishments of the NJ creative arts community.
- Educate and encourage area special needs and challenged children and young adults and their families through the Envision Dance Exchange Company Program by providing them the opportunity to dance, perform, and learn in an integrated creative movement company celebrating the alliance of all abilities dancers.
- To provide scholarships and sponsorship for special need and/or special circumstance children and young adults to continue and pursue their education in the Arts.
DIPF performers have touched the lives of many children and families through such organizations as:
The Healing Heart Foundation; NJ Chapter of the American Red Cross; Children’s Specialized Hospital; The Diedre O’Brien Children’s Advocacy Center; Northern NJ Chapter of the Alzheimers Association; The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation; The Sharing Network of NJ; Tomorrow’s Children’s Fund; The Morris County Foster Parents Association; Rainbow’s Inc.; Mendham Cultural Art; EPOCH; Camp Comfort Zone; ECLC; The Children’s Institute of Verona; The Imus Ranch for Kids with Cancer.
DIPF continues to utilize artistic venues and performance targeted styles to allow area students, children and families the opportunity to be educated as participants or audience members in our original production of The Nutcracker, Jr. Musicals, collaborative efforts in dance, poetry and music at such celebrated venues as:
F.M Kirby Shakespeare Theatre of NJ; Drew University; The Loree Theater at the Mason Gross School of the Arts; The Bickford Theater at the Morris Museum; and in NYC venues such as The Martha Graham Studio Theater; and The Salvatore Capezio Theater at Peridance.
In 2014, DIPF introduced Envision Dance Exchange (an integrated creative movement company celebrating the alliance of all abilities dancers). Under the tutelage of Artistic Director, Susan M Coutts, many of Dance Innovations advanced students donate their time and love twice a month to learn, embrace, and encourage their more challenged partners learning to appreciate their dedication and skills while awakening their own talents. In Susan’s words, EDE is a blessing for children with developmental disabilities, and to see their faces light up in joy simply warms the heart.
Donations can be sent to : DIPF 13 Roosevelt Ave. Chatham, NJ 07928